A 2X hot-start PCR master mix that is ideal for high-fildelity PCR or high-throughput applications. PrimeSTAR Max DNA polymerase pairs Takara Bio's high-fidelity PrimeSTAR HS DNA Polymerase with an elongation factor to provide efficient priming and extension, thereby shortening annealing and extension times. Please refer to the User Manual for the master mix composition.
- Highest fidelity of any commercially available DNA polymerase
- Fastest extension speed means less time required for PCR cycles
- Convenient 2X premix includes buffer and dNTPs, allowing reaction assembly in less time
- Antibody-mediated hot-start formulation
- Proven performance as reported in peer-reviewed literature
- Fast PCR for high-throughput studies
- Cloning and expression studies
- Structure/function studies
- Evolutionary studies (e.g., SNP analyses)
PCR product termini
PrimeSTAR Max DNA Polymerase produces products with blunt ends. It is suitable for use in conjunction with blunt-ended cloning systems.
–20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Recommended extension step time
When template quantity is ≤200 ng per 50-µl reaction, set the extension step at 5 sec per kb. When template quantity is >200 ng per 50-µl reaction, set the extension step at 30–60 sec per kb. For detailed recommendations on PCR conditions, refer to the User Manual.
Recommended maximum amplicon length
- Up to 6 kb (human genomic DNA template or human cDNA template)
- Up to 10 kb (E. coli genomic DNA template)
- Up to 15 kb (lambda DNA template)