DNA Restriction Enzymes from Takara such as BamHI are high-quality: perform restriction enzyme digestion with reliable restriction endonucleases.
Effect of DNA methylation: enzyme activity is not affected by CG methylase, dam methylase, or dcm methylase
Reaction temperature: 30°C
- Source: Escherichia coli carrying the plasmid encoding BamHI gene
- Concentration: 8–20 units/μl [High concentration: 30–60 units/μl]
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Star activity: unrelated site may often be cut in the presence of high concentration of glycerol, Mn2+, or DMSO, and at low ionic strength
- Notice: this enzyme shows equivalent activity at 37°C and to 30°C, but the stability of the enzyme is lower in reaction mixtures at 37°C than that at 30°C
- Each lot undergoes stringent quality testing including overdigestion, genome DNA analysis, ligation-recutting and pKF3 cloning
Additional product information
Please see the product's Certificate of Analysis for information about storage conditions, product components, and technical specifications. Please see the Kit Components List to determine kit components. Certificates of Analysis and Kit Components Lists are located under the Documents tab.